The ladies chat about their weekend exploits at Puget Sound Pagan Pride (https://www.pugetsoundpaganpride.com/ ) and delve into Calabash Magick with Mawiyah Bomani.
On Patreon: Ad-free version of this episode!
- Tickets are now on sale for So Mote That Con ‘23 – our third annual virtual conference on living as a Witch in today’s world, with a special keynote with NYT bestselling author Laurell K. Hamilton and workshops from some of our most popular guests. Get your tickets ASAP at thatwitchlife.com!
- Blessed Be Magick has a new Lilith line! Gorgeous, Magickal, talisman jewelry pieces made FOR Witches, by Witches at blessedbemagick.com Use code WITCHLIFE15 and save 15%!
- Check out the phenomenal tea blends at thejasminepearl.com and save 10% with coupon code WITCH2023. Free shipping on orders over $35. Make sure you let them know you heard about them on That Witch Life Podcast.
Our Guest Today:
Mawiyah Kai EL-Jamah Bomani is a native New Orleanian Writer and Spirit Woman. Mawiyah’s writings have appeared in The Crab Orchard Review, Dark Eros, Catch The Fire, Freeform Magazine, Beyond The Frontier, Kente Cloth, Fertile Ground, Family Portraits, Chicken Bones: A Literary Journal, Survival Digest Quarterly, From A Bend In The River, Thicker Than Water, The House of Misfit’s Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment, and Women’s Issues and Feminism in the 21st Century. She is co-writer/director of the play Brown Blood Black Womb. She is the recipient of the Southern Black Theatre Festival’s 2012-2013 Playwright of the year award for her play, Spring Chickens. Mawiyah is also the author of the plays Crows Feet, Bourbon, Men of the AmonRa Society and Hair Anthem. Mawiyah is an educator, 8th Generation Witch, Egun Medium, Priestess of OYA in the Yoruba system of spirituality and she is addressed divinely as Iyanifa Faniyi Aboyade Omobola Bomani. She is Editor-In-Chief of the culture and Afrikan Traditional Spirituality E-Zine, Oya N’Soro. In November of 2023 Mawiyah’s first book with Llewellyn Worldwide titled Conjuring the Calabash: Empowering Women with Hoodoo Spells and Magick will take its first breath.
In the Fall of 2008, Mawiyah received an M.F.A. in Creative Writing from the University of New Orleans. Mawiyah currently lives, writes, conducts Orisa rituals, spiritual consultations, womb-warrior women workshops, house cleansings, esentayes and divinations in both Northern and Southern Louisiana. Mawiyah is currently working on a Middle-Grade series titled The Cool Beans Ghost Hunter Society. It serves to explore the inclusiveness of special needs superheroines and heroes in literature. She is also working on a collection of Poetry inspired by Tarot, titled Dead Msn Stew. Mawiyah is the Critical Mass 8 Literary Award Winner and a KAT Artist Residency recipient.
Mawiyah is currently hosting the podcast FishHeadsinRedGravy a podcast dedicated to celebrating marginalized people of the esoteric/occult world.
Support The Podcast!
- For bonus content and other goodies, support us on Patreon!
- Buy us a coffee!
- Get handmade merch!
- Subscribe and/or rate and review us on ApplePodcasts!
- Become an episode sponsor!
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and share our latest episodes on your social media portals!
- Send us a message with your burning questions to answer on the show!
- Keep downloading, keep listening!