For better or worse, Witches LOVE royals (for some reason). Dana Schwartz of the popular Noble Blood Podcast joins us to discuss James VI, the king who started a Witch hunt because of a travel delay during his honeymoon, and how it may have influenced MacBeth, another Witch fav! We also discuss the captivation of royals’ stories and the evolution of Witch hunts. Digressions include Dolly Parton, Elvira, Tori Amos and Kanani’s (sort of) review of Wandavision. A listener may have experience an apparition of Hekate. How can they know if what they experienced was real? Extended, ad-free episode on Patreon.
* Fox and Elder: Meeting you where you are, offering a variety of ways to step onto the plant path. To receive 15% off your first purchase of teas, tinctures, or a Full Moon Zine subscription, go to foxandelder.com and enter code “thatwitchlife” at check-out.
Our Guest Today
Dana Schwartz is the creator and host of the number one-charting podcast Noble Blood from iHeartRadio, which tells the stories of fascinating royals from history. She’s the author of three books, and the fourth is coming out next year. She’s written for the Marvel series She-Hulk and an upcoming Disney+ project.
Noble Blood Podcast
Dana Schwartz on IG
Dana Schwartz on Twitter
Courtney’s Working With Deities Class (Virtual)
TWL Spell Kits (Etsy)
Help for Texas:
– Angry Tias Y Abuelas
– HOME-Center San Marcos TX is providing hotels and food: Venmo: @ HOME-Center
Cashapp: $HOME CenterPaypal email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Austin Mutual Aid: Providing direct relief and housing to those on the streets.
Venmo: @ AustinMutualAidHotels
– Feed the People Dallas: A Black-led collective in Dallas providing mutual aid to DFW area. Cashapp/Venmo: $ feedthepeopledtx
– Not My Son, a Black woman led collective in DFW, getting hotels: Cashapp: $NotMySonDallasVenmo: @NotMySonDallasCooperation
– Denton is helping folks with housing: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-unhoused-dentonites
– More groups and ways to help
Support The Podcast
For bonus content and other goodies, support us on Patreon!
Buy us a coffee!
Get handmade merch!
Subscribe and/or rate and review us on ITunes!
Become an episode sponsor or purchase a shout-out!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and share our latest episodes on your social media portals!
Send us a message with your burning questions to answer on the show!
Keep downloading, keep listening!